The project aims at increasing the tourism potential by exploring, discovering and promoting the natural and cultural heritage in BG-TR region with focus on Strandja. The project specific objectives are: to provoke interest among young people in the field of cross-border tourism through joint initiatives, to create a successful model of cooperation; to create conditions and encourage tourism related operators to propose new tourist destinations.
Project activities include:
1) Studies and analysis on potential tourist resources covered by Strandja region,
2) Conduct of training workshops for students in Svilengrad and Kirklareli;
3) Preparation of materials and elaboration of 3-lingual tourist guide – in TR, BG and EN, offering common tourist destinations;
4) Organisation of round tables in Svilengrad and Kirklareli;
5) Study visits in Strandja,
6) Implementation of information and publicity measures, such as, development of 3-lingual website, organization of seminar in Harmanli, elaboration and distribution of promotional materials, etc.
The expected results are:
1) created common tourism destinations;
2) improved knowledge and skills of the target groups - to become aware with the potentials for tourism development in the cross-border region based on the protection, development and promotion of the natural and cultural heritage, and
3) raised awareness of the development of sustainable tourism through joint actions. The project is expected to create a positive image of the region and to contribute to the potential increase of tourist flows.
The project is co-funded by the European Union through the INTERREG-IPP Cross-Border Cooperation Program Bulgaria-Turkey.
This website has been produced with the assistance of the European Union through the Interreg-IPA CBC Bulgaria-Turkey Programme, CCI No 2014TC16I5CB005. The contents of this website are the sole responsibility of the Association for promotion of lifelong learning and can in no waybe taken to reflect the views of the European Union or the Managing Authority of the Programme.